The Nintendo Switch is a new hybrid gaming device, being able to act as a home console and also as a portable handheld.
With great AAA titles, such as the Zelda series and Mario series, surely this distinctive gaming device will have its own market, just like the other Nintendo consoles.
If you have this console, I know that you want to know the best Switch games of all time.
Most of you will recognize some of the games mentioned on this list.
And in this post, you will get:
- A highly curated and filtered list on the current best Switch games
- Developer, publisher, and release date information
- Genre of the games
This list is the results of the average score of reviews from so many popular gaming websites, and thanks for GameRankings for helping me to build this list.
If you want to get more specific, here are the best Switch games by genres:
So here you go.
#25. Death Squared
#24. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – The Master Trials
#23. L.A. Noire
#22. Golf Story
#21. Pokken Tournament DX
#19. I Am Setsuna
#18. Fast RMX
#17. Snipperclips – Cut it out, together!
#16. Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
#15. Disgaea 5 Complete
#14. Splatoon 2
#13. Puyo Puyo Tetris
#12. Battle Chef Brigade
#10. Rocket League
Fire your rockets. High-octane team sports.
Get behind the wheel of a high-flying, hard-hitting rocket powered car and drive into the Rocket League arena for the newest, fastest and most adrenaline-fueled sport to hit Switch.
Choose from a variety of vehicles to drive and customize in this football-meets-destruction derby team sport and master the skills you’ll need to fire home the goals.
Soar high into the air to perform daring acrobatic strikes and daredevil saves, or use aggressive tactics to take down rival players at supersonic speeds.
#9. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Two worlds collide in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle!
The Mushroom Kingdom has been torn apart by a mysterious vortex, transporting the chaotic Rabbids into this once-peaceful land.
To restore order, Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Yoshi must team up with a whole new crew: four Rabbids heroes!
Together, they will battle with weapons through four worlds filled with combat, puzzles, and unpredictable enemies.
Developed exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the best of the Mario and Rabbids franchises, combining all that you love about Mario’s iconic universe with the side-splitting antics of the Rabbids.
- Mario & Rabbids universes collide in this new adventure that combines the best of these two worlds!
- Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Yoshi join forces with four Rabbids heroes with their own unique personalities.
- Easy to play, difficult to master. Solo and co-op turn-based combat is a fresh gameplay experience.
- Battle with an arsenal of weapons through four new worlds filled with enemies, puzzles, and humorous fun!
- Pick up and play anywhere exclusively on the Nintendo Switch system, even on the go.
#8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, Skyrim brings the epic fantasy to life in stunning detail.
New quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armor, weapons and more with Mods, there are no limits to what you can experience.
#7. Sonic Mania
Experience the ultimate celebration of past and future in Sonic Mania, an all-new 2D Sonic adventure running at a crisp 60FPS with stunning HD retro-style graphics.
Multiple playable characters give you the ability to go explosively fast as Sonic, soar as Tails, or power through tough obstacles with Knuckles brute strength.
You can re-live the Sonic of the past with an exciting new twist on classic zones while fighting against new bosses and Dr. Eggmans evil robot army.
Go head-to-head with players in Competition Mode or play in Co-Op Mode with a friend.
Sonic Mania is developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games in collaboration with Sonic Team.
Welcome to Sonic Mania!
#6. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is the action-packed prequel to Shovel Knight!
Take control of Specter Knight, servant to the Enchantress, in a quest to recruit a cadre of knights and create the Order of No Quarter.
With his scythe and preternatural agility at the ready, he can glide across the ground, clamber up walls, and command an arsenal of curious weapons.
If he carries out his duties, Specter Knight may have a chance at regaining his lost humanity and breaking his chains of servitude.
But what cruel tricks might the Enchantress have up her sleeve?
#5. SteamWorld Dig 2
SteamWorld Dig 2 is an Action game, developed and published by Image & Form, which was released in 2017.
#4. Minecraft: Switch Edition
The game involves players creating and destroying various types of blocks in a three dimensional environment.
The player takes an avatar that can destroy or create blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations and artwork across the various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes.
#3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Race and battle your friends in the definitive version of Mario Kart 8. Hit the road with the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 and play anytime, anywhere!
Race your friends or battle them in a revised battle mode on new and returning battle courses.
Play locally in up to 4-player multiplayer in 1080p while playing in TV Mode.
Every track from the Wii U version, including DLC, makes a glorious return.
Plus, the Inklings appear as all-new guest characters, along with returning favorites, such as King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.!
- Race your friends in the definitive version of Mario Kart 8, only on Nintendo Switch!
- Race as every character on every track from the Wii U version, including DLC characters and tracks.
- Pop some balloons in the revamped Battle mode, complete with Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast.
- Battle on new courses, like Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, or returning ones, such as GCN Luigi’s Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1.
- Inkling Girl & Inkling Boy from Splatoon, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr. join the roster!
- Players can choose a new Smart Steering feature which makes driving and staying on the track easy for novice players and kids even at 200cc
- Three new vehicles have been added, two are even inspired by Splatoon
- Carry two items at the same time
- Returning items include Boo, the item stealing ghost, and the Feather, which gives you a high jump in battle mode.
- Play your friends in local wireless multiplayer with up to 8 players.
- Drive through in 1080p HD quality in TV mode
- Play on the go with handheld mode and play anytime, anywhere
#2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
STEP INTO A WORLD OF ADVENTURE!
Forget everything you know about The Legend of Zelda games.
Step into a world of discovery, exploration and adventure in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, a boundary-breaking new game in the acclaimed series.
Travel across fields, through forests and to mountain peaks as you discover what has become of the ruined kingdom of Hyrule in this stunning open-air adventure.
- Explore the wilds of Hyrule any way you like – Climb up towers and mountain peaks in search of new destinations, then set your own path to get there and plunge into the wilderness. Along the way, you’ll battle towering enemies, hunt wild beasts and gather ingredients for the food and elixirs you’ll need to sustain you on your journey.
- More than 100 Shrines of Trials to discover and explore – Shrines dot the landscape, waiting to be discovered in any order you want. Search for them in various ways, and solve a variety of puzzles inside. Work your way through the traps and devices inside to earn special items and other rewards that will help you on your adventure.
- Be prepared and properly equipped – With an entire world waiting to be explored, you’ll need a variety of outfits and gear to reach every corner. You may need to bundle up with warmer clothes or change into something better suited to the desert heat. Some clothing even has special effects that, for example, can make you faster and stealthier.
- Battling enemies requires strategy – The world is inhabited with enemies of all shapes and sizes. Each one has its own attack method and weaponry, so you must think quickly and develop the right strategies to defeat them.
- amiibo compatibility – Tap the Wolf Link amiibo (sold separately) to make Wolf Link appear in game. Wolf Link will attack enemies on his own and help you find items you’re searching for.
#1. Super Mario Odyssey
New Evolution of Mario Sandbox-Style Gameplay!
Mario embarks on a new journey through unknown worlds, running and jumping through huge 3D worlds in the first sandbox-style Mario game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.
Set sail between expansive worlds aboard an airship, and perform all-new actions, such as throwing Mario’s cap.
Are Your Favorite Games On The List? Leave A Comment Below!
If you think there are games that should OR shouldn’t be on this list, let us know by leaving a comment below.
Deciding which Switch game is the best is no doubt a never ending topic (mostly because new games are still being released), but it’s absolutely exciting!