We already published the list of best Switch games of all time, now it’s time to discover the best Switch action games of all time.
With amazing titles like the Mario and Zelda series, the Switch is surely have a great collection of action games.
If you’re a fan of both Switch and action games, I know that you want to know the best Switch action games of all time.
And in this post, you will get:
- A highly curated and filtered list on the current best Switch action games
- Developer, publisher, and release date information
- Specific genre of the games
This list is the results of the average score of reviews from so many popular gaming websites, and thanks for GameRankings for helping me to build this list.
See also: Best Switch Games of All Time
So here you go.
#25. Super Bomberman R
#24. Spelunker Party!
#23. Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
#22. Mr. Shifty
#21. Gear.Club Unlimited
#20. Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
#19. Just Dance 2017
#18. One Piece: Unlimited World Red – Deluxe Edition
#17. Fire Emblem Warriors
#16. Overcooked: Special Edition
#15. Skylanders Imaginators
#14. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2
#13. Blaster Master Zero
#12. Graceful Explosion Machine
#10. Pokken Tournament DX
The popular Pokemon fighting game comes to Nintendo Switch with added Pokemon fighters and new ways to battle other players.
Take direct control of one of over 20 prized Pokemon fighters to defeat other Pokemon in action-packed arena fights.
With Nintendo Switch, you can battle at home or on the go to become the Ferrum League champion!
Master the new fighting styles of Croagunk, Scizor, Empoleon, Darkrai, and the newly added Decidueye.
New modes give you the ability to challenge your friends in intense competition.
Duke it out with your favorite Pokemon Fighters in Team Battle.
Then record and upload your favorite fights with the new replay feature.
Take the battle on the road with the portable Nintendo Switch system or find competition online in the new Group Match Mode.
Do you have what it takes to claim the title of Pokken Tournament DX champion?
There’s only one way to find out, and that’s by stepping into the battle arena!
- Fight as Decidueye, Darkrai, Scizor, Empoleon, Croagunk, and more
- Stunning Pokemon battles come to life like never before
- Execute powerful Pokemon moves with simple button combinations
- Enjoy an intuitive fighting system for all skill levels
You’ve come here for a reason.
The Union Aerospace Corporations massive research facility on Mars is overwhelmed by fierce and powerful demons, and only one person stands between their world and ours.
As the lone DOOM Marine, you’ve been activated to do one thing kill them all.
- A Relentless Campaign: There is no taking cover or stopping to regenerate health as you beat back Hells raging demon hordes. Combine your arsenal of futuristic and iconic guns, upgrades, movement and an advanced melee system to knock-down, slash, stomp, crush, and blow apart demons in creative and violent ways.
- Return of id Multiplayer: Dominate your opponents in DOOMs signature, fast-paced arena-style combat. In both classic and all-new game modes, annihilate your enemies utilizing your personal blend of skill, powerful weapons, vertical movement, and unique power-ups that allow you to play as a demon.
- Endless Possibilities: DOOM SnapMap — a powerful, but easy-to-use game and level editor allows for limitless gameplay experiences on every platform. Without any previous experience or special expertise, any player can quickly and easily snap together and visually customize maps, add pre-defined or completely custom gameplay, and even edit game logic to create new modes. Instantly play your creation, share it with a friend, or make it available to players around the world all in-game with the push of a button.
#8. Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
Rayman, winner of multiple artistic and musical achievements, is coming to Nintendo Switch with Rayman Legends Definitive Edition.
Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings.
As they look more closely, they notice each painting seems to tell the story of a mythical world.
While focusing on a painting that shows a medieval land, they are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering the world, and the adventure begins.
The gang must run, jump, and fight their way through each world to save the day and discover the secrets of every legendary painting.
- Join the team with up to 4 players in local co-op!
- Compete with your friends in tournaments with the Kung Foot experience (local wireless multiplayer)
- Run, jump & smack your way through 100+ maps
- Jump to the rhythm and rock the party to beat the crazy musical levels
#7. Splatoon 2
Ink-splatting action is back and fresher than ever!
Get hyped for the sequel to the hit game about splatting ink and claiming turf, as the squid-like Inklings return in a colorful and chaotic 4 vs. 4 action shooter.
For the first time, take Turf War battles on-the-go via local multiplayer in portable play styles.
You can also compete in frenetic online matches like before.
Two years have passed since the release of Splatoon, and two years have also passed in the game world, leading to an evolution in fashion trends and new styles of weapons and gear.
Staying fresh never looked so good.
- New weapons – New dual-wielding Splat Dualies join the action, complete with a new Dodge Roll move. Mainstays like the Splat Roller and Splat Charger have also been remixed to include new gameplay mechanics and brand-new special weapons.
- Local and Online Multiplayer – In a first for the series, compete in local multiplayer Turf War battles, whether in TV mode or on-the-go in handheld or tabletop modes. Online battles also make a return.
- New ways to play – Play using the Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, both of which allow for gyro controls for better aiming and control.
- New Trends – Two years have passed since the release of Splatoon in real life, and two years have also passed in the game world. Some familiar characters return under different circumstances, and new characters are introduced as well.
- Fresh Updates – Similar to Splatoon for Wii U, updates will roll out post-launch, adding new content.
- Smart Device Support – An upcoming smart-phone application for the Nintendo Switch system will enhance matchmaking and allow for voice chat options.
- Turf War – Iconic 4 vs. 4 Turf War battles return. The goal is to splat ink on as much territory as possible, while strategically submerging yourself in your team’s colors and blasting your enemies.
#6. Battle Chef Brigade
Battle Chef Brigade is an Action game, developed by Trinket Studios and published by Adult Swim, which was released in 2017.
VOEZ is played by touching falling notes in time with the music.
Set in a fictional town named Lan Kong Town, which is modeled after Yilan in Taiwan, the story is centered around six high school students who form a band that eventually achieves international fame.
Gameplay is simple, requiring players to touch vertically falling notes that have hit a bar on the bottom of the screen.
Depending on the song, the number of lanes for the notes increases and they shift side to side, making the screen look as if it is dancing to the music.
There are over 100 songs in the library. Three difficulty levels Easy, Hard and Special are available.
Players are able to choose difficulty levels according to their skill so they may enjoy all pieces.
#4. Sonic Mania
Experience the ultimate celebration of past and future in Sonic Mania, an all-new 2D Sonic adventure running at a crisp 60FPS with stunning HD retro-style graphics.
Multiple playable characters give you the ability to go explosively fast as Sonic, soar as Tails, or power through tough obstacles with Knuckles brute strength.
You can re-live the Sonic of the past with an exciting new twist on classic zones while fighting against new bosses and Dr. Eggmans evil robot army.
Go head-to-head with players in Competition Mode or play in Co-Op Mode with a friend.
Sonic Mania is developed by Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games in collaboration with Sonic Team.
Welcome to Sonic Mania!
#3. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is the action-packed prequel to Shovel Knight!
Take control of Specter Knight, servant to the Enchantress, in a quest to recruit a cadre of knights and create the Order of No Quarter.
With his scythe and preternatural agility at the ready, he can glide across the ground, clamber up walls, and command an arsenal of curious weapons.
If he carries out his duties, Specter Knight may have a chance at regaining his lost humanity and breaking his chains of servitude.
But what cruel tricks might the Enchantress have up her sleeve?
#2. SteamWorld Dig 2
SteamWorld Dig 2 is an Action game, developed and published by Image & Form, which was released in 2017.
#1. Super Mario Odyssey
New Evolution of Mario Sandbox-Style Gameplay!
Mario embarks on a new journey through unknown worlds, running and jumping through huge 3D worlds in the first sandbox-style Mario game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.
Set sail between expansive worlds aboard an airship, and perform all-new actions, such as throwing Mario’s cap.
Are Your Favorite Games On The List? Leave A Comment Below!
If you think there are games that should OR shouldn’t be on this list, let us know by leaving a comment below.
Deciding which Switch action game is the best is no doubt a fresh topic (mostly because new games are still being released), but it’s absolutely interesting!