We already published the list of best Xbox One games of all time, now it’s time to discover the best Xbox One action adventure games of all time.
With amazing titles like the GTA V, Metal Gear Solid V, and Assassin’s Creed Origins, the Xbox One is surely have a great collection of action adventure games.
If you’re a fan of both Xbox One and action adventure games, I know that you want to know the best Xbox One action adventure games of all time.
Most of you will know (or even played) some of the games mentioned in this list.
See also: Best Xbox One Games of All Time
#50. Resident Evil 0: HD Remaster
#49. Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
#48. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 – Episode 3: Judgment
#47. Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
#46. Rise of the Tomb Raider: Baba Yaga – The Temple of the Witch
#45. Dead Rising 4
#43. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
#42. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 – Episode 2: Contemplation
#41. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
#40. Just Cause 3
#39. The Little Acre
#38. Project Spark
#37. Dying Light
#36. State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition
#35. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
#34. Resident Evil: Revelations 2
#32. The Flame in the Flood
#31. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
#30. The Evil Within
#29. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
#28. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
#27. Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition
#26. Outlast 2
#25. Watch Dogs
#24. For Honor
#23. Dead Rising 3
#22. Life is Strange: Episode 1 – Chrysalis
#20. Alien: Isolation
#19. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
#18. LEGO Dimensions
#17. The Evil Within 2
#16. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
#15. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
#14. Life is Strange: Episode 3 – Chaos Theory
#13. Little Nightmares
#12. Assassin’s Creed Origins
#11. DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition
#10. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
The year is 2029, and mechanically augmented humans have now been deemed outcasts, living a life of complete and total segregation from the rest of society.
Now an experienced covert operative, Adam Jensen is forced to operate in a world that has grown to despise his kind.
Armed with a new arsenal of state-of-the-art weapons and augmentations, he must choose the right approach, along with who to trust, in order to unravel a vast worldwide conspiracy.
#9. Dying Light: The Following
Take parkour-fueled zombie survival to a whole new level.
Enjoy the definitive Dying Light experience with the brand-new Legend system, improved visuals, major gameplay enhancements, and more.
#8. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Fight through Mordor and uncover the truth of the spirit that compels you, discover the origins of the Rings of Power, build your legend and ultimately confront the evil of Sauron in this new chronicle of Middle-earth.
Winner of multiple awards including Game of the Year, Best Action Game and the most innovative game of this generation.
Experience the ground-breaking Nemesis System as you fight through Mordor and ultimately confront the evil of Sauron in this new chronicle of Middle-earth.
The Nemesis system is one of the biggest gaming innovations in some time.
#7. Batman: Arkham Knight
In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect.
The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever.
Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise.
The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City
#6. Resident Evil HD Remaster
The game that defined the survival-horror genre is back!
Check out the remastered HD version of Resident Evil.
In 1998 a special forces team is sent to investigate some bizarre murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City.
Upon arriving they are attacked by a pack of blood-thirsty dogs and are forced to take cover in a nearby mansion.
But the scent of death hangs heavy in the air.
Supplies are scarce as they struggle to stay alive.
- More detailed graphics that retain the horror.
- The environments come alive with detail thanks to resolution upgrades and non-static 3D models.
- Post-processing effects like Bloom filters, which were not easy to do at the time of the original release, have been added to make the HD graphics even more realistic.
- High-Resolution Environments – We’ve increased the resolution of the background environments by recreating them with a mix of high-res static images, plus animated 3D models.
- Widescreen (16:9) is supported, so players can experience a greater sense of immersion.
- In widescreen mode, the screen will scroll. The parts of the screen that get cut off on the top and bottom will scroll into view automatically depending on the character’s position.
- You can switch the display mode during gameplay in real time.
- High-Quality Sound – The audio has been remastered to increase the sampling rate, and of course 5.1ch output is also now supported.
- New Controls
- You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.
- You can switch the control scheme during gameplay in real time.
#5. Rise of the Tomb Raider
Featuring epic, high-octane action moments set in the most beautifully hostile environments on earth, Rise of the Tomb Raider delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition.
- Explore Awe-Inspiring Deadly Tombs – Huge ancient spaces littered with deadly traps, solve dramatic environmental puzzles, and decipher ancient texts to reveal crypts as you take on a world filled with secrets to discover.
- Woman vs. Wild – Conquer a world fiercely protecting its secrets, endure perilous conditions and unstable landscapes, face dangerous wildlife that act as guardians to ancient tombs, and explore huge interactive environments.
- Guerrilla Combat – Use the environment to your advantage, scale trees and dive underwater to avoid or takedown enemies, configure Lara’s gear, weapons, and ammo to suit your play style, craft explosives on the fly to sow chaos, and wield Lara’s signature combat bows and climbing axe.
#4. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
Fear and isolation seep through the walls of an abandoned southern farmhouse.
“7” marks a new beginning for survival horror with the Isolated View of the visceral new first-person perspective.
Powered by the RE Engine, horror reaches incredible heights of immersion as players enter a terrifyingly new world of fear as they fight to survive.
#3. Dishonored 2
Dishonored 2 takes your protagonist, Corvo Attano or Emily Kaldwin, to the coastal city of Karnaca where the choices you make will have significant impact on the world.
#2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan has brought a new edge to the Cold War, and in 1984, a one-eyed man with a prosthetic arm appears in the country.
Those who know him call him Snake; the legendary mercenary who was once swept from the stage of history and left in a coma by American private intelligence network Cipher.
Snake is accompanied by Ocelot, an old friend who saved him from attack when he finally awoke.
Now, Snake’s former partner Kazuhira Miller is being held by the Soviet forces in Afghanistan.
Snake must undertake a solo mission to rescue Miller and prove to the world that the legendary mercenary is not dead and gone.
That first step will lead to a path of vengeance against the very Cipher that slaughtered so many of Snake’s men, and to a battle that will embroil the whole world…
What started in Ground Zeroes must finish with “V”.
#1. Grand Theft Auto V
Los Santos: a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities, once the envy of the Western world, now struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap reality TV.
Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals plot their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a street hustler looking for real opportunities and serious money; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is a lot less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score.
Running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.
The biggest, most dynamic and most diverse open world ever created, Grand Theft Auto V blends storytelling and gameplay in new ways as players repeatedly jump in and out of the lives of the game’s three lead characters, playing all sides of the game’s interwoven story.
All the classic hallmarks of the groundbreaking series return, including incredible attention to detail and Grand Theft Auto’s darkly humorous take on modern culture, alongside a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer.
Are Your Favorite Games On The List? Leave A Comment Below!
If you think there are games that should OR shouldn’t be on this list, let us know by leaving a comment below.
Deciding which Xbox One action adventure game is the best is no doubt a fresh topic (mostly because new games are still being released), but it’s absolutely interesting!