We already published the list of best Wii U games of all time, now it’s time to discover the best Wii U sports games of all time.
With amazing titles like FIFA Soccer 13, Madden NFL 13, and Wii Sports Club, the Wii U surely have a great collection of sports games.
If you’re a fan of both Wii U and sports games, I know that you want to know the best Wii U sports games of all time.
And in this post, you will get:
- A highly curated and filtered list on the current best Wii U sports games
- Developer, publisher, and release date information
- Specific genre of the games
See also: Best Wii U Games of All Time
So here you go.
#5. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash Wii U.
In the Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash game tennis meets the outrageous action of the Super Mario series.
Smash the ball down the court with the new Jumpshot and gain a HUGE advantage over opponents in a brand-new mode Mega Battle by grabbing a Mega Mushroom.
Outwit your rivals and challenge friends to singles and doubles matches as your favorite Mushroom Kingdom character!
#4. Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Compete On-the-go with Mario and Sonic All of your favorite Mario and Sonic characters are ready to join the fun in Rio de Janeiro, host of the Olympic Games in 2016.
Then take the rivalry on the road with this portable collection of supercharged events like Soccer, Table Tennis, or test your skills in a challenging game of Golf.
- Take on fun and exciting events set throughout host city Rio de Janeiro.
- Join Mario, Sonic and your favorite characters to take on new challenging events like Soccer and Beach Volleyball.
- Soccer is a popular sport in Brazil where the Rio 2016 Olympic Games are set.
- Golf returns to the Olympic Games for the first time in 112 years; enjoy the event exclusively in the Nintendo 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
#3. Wii Sports Club
Play your favorite Wii Sports games on the Wii U console!
With Wii Sports Club, you can now take the competition online with tennis, bowling and golf—baseball and boxing are coming soon.
Join a club, compete against other clubs from around your region, or play online multiplayer with your friends.
You can also use all-new training modes to improve your skills and support your club.
Wii Sports Club takes what was fun about Wii Sports—cooperative and competitive gameplay together with friends and family—and moves the experience online.
Each sport uses Wii MotionPlus technology to give you more control.
Ways to Play
Just set up an Internet connection and the SpotPass feature on your Wii U to automatically download Wii Sports Club.
First-timers can try it out a 24-hour free trial.
After the free trial ends, you can purchase two different types of passes exclusively on the Nintendo eShop: a Day Pass gives you access to all of the available sports for a 24-hour period and a Club Pass gives you unlimited access to a single sport with no time limit.
- Play online with friends and other competitors.
- Join a club and compete against rivals for better rankings.
- Improve your skills with all-new training modes and help your club move up in rank.
- Build community with fellow club members and friends online by sending tips, pep talks, and other messages via Miiverse.
- You now have more flexibility to play the way you want to with varied purchasing options.
#2. Madden NFL 13
With beautiful HD graphics, an in-depth Career mode, and exclusive Touch Screen features, Madden NFL 13 on the Wii U delivers the most authentic NFL experience ever on a Nintendo platform.
Build your own legacy as a player or a coach—or relive the glory of an all-time legend—in Connected Careers.
Immerse yourself in the Madden NFL experience with features exclusive to the Wii U, including streamlined playcalling, personnel management, and more – all directed from the Wii U gamepad’s innovative Touch Screen.
Madden NFL 13 – bringing next generation innovation, gameplay, and graphics to a Nintendo platform like never before.
#1. FIFA Soccer 13
FIFA 13 captures all the drama and unpredictability of real-world soccer, and is driven by five game-changing innovations which revolutionize artificial intelligence, dribbling, ball control and physical play.
It is the largest and deepest feature set in the history of the franchise.
These innovations create a true battle for possession across the entire pitch, deliver freedom and creativity in attack, and capture all the drama and unpredictability of the real-world game.
Are Your Favorite Games On The List? Leave A Comment Below!
If you think there are games that should OR shouldn’t be on this list, let us know by leaving a comment below.
Determining the best Wii U sports game is no doubt a never ending topic (mostly because new games are still being released), but it’s worth the time!